1) First and foremost because, in the: words of Hemadpant the author of Shri Sai Satcharita, He has taken a vow to give you what you want.
2) And that too immediately "cash down". You ask with sincere devotion (shradhha) and patience (Saburi) and there is the result.
3) He is so easily pleased. No hard penance, no unbearable fasts, not even difficult concentration and control of senses. In his own words, "You look to ME and I look to you". Can there be anything simpler than this?
4) He has left His mortal body 86 years ago and even today thousands of devotees have experienced His presence, halving met their demands. What more guarantee is required?
5) Not being bodily present as a human being today, there is no danger of being cheated in His worship. In case of so many Avatars, Bhagwans and Yogi's cropped up at present in the country; one is not sure if one is following the real preceptor (Sadguru).
6. No money is required to worship Baba. He is pleased even with flowers, fruits, leaves or even water devotionally offered. You do not have to spend for -traveling unto Shirdi also, He is available even from where you are-'even beyond seven seas'.
7) Ashes (Udi) from the fire burning eternally in His Dwarkamai is the cheapest and most infallible medicine of all diseases. The cost is only two paisa-faith and patience.
8) His life-history written by Hemadpant contains all the wisdom of Vedas, Upanishads and Geeta in the form of simple stories and anecdotes. Reading them alone and following the advice therein, one can reach the goal of liberation without fail.
9) Repetition of His name SAI so short, so sweet and so easy to pronounce No twisting of tongue and no difficult accents.
10) Last but not the least, He, on fulfilling your demands in this world, ensures that you do not get caught in the dangerous network of this 'Sansar’. Slowly He moulds you, guides you and takes you step by step to liberation (Moksha) which is the key to eternal and everlasting bliss.
"Bow to Shri Sai and Peace Be to all"
Lt. Col. M. B. Nimbalkar
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Thursday, December 11, 2008
1. Whoever puts his feet on Shirdi soil, his sufferings would come to an end.
2. The wretched and miserable would rise into plenty of joy and happiness, as
soon as they climb steps of my samadhi.
3. I shall be ever active and vigorous even after leaving this earthly body.
4. My tomb shall bless and speak to the needs of my devotees.
5. I shall be active and vigorous even from the tomb.
6. My mortal remains would speak from the tomb.
7. I am ever living to help and guide all who come to me, who surrender to me
and who seek refuge in me.
8. If you look to me, I look to you.
9. If you cast your burden on me, I shall surely bear it.
10. If you seek my advice and help, it shall be given to you at once.
11. There shall be no want in the house of my devotees.
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Shirdi Sai baba is worshipped by chanting 108 names
1. Om Srii Saaii naathaaya Namah.
Om, to the Venerable Lord Sai, prostration !
2. Om Laksmiinaaraayanaaya Namah.
Om, to (Vishnu as the Sleeping God lying on waters in the interval between destruction and re-manifestation of universes) Narayana (accompanied by the Goddess of Wealth)L akshmi, prostration !
3. Om Krishna-Raama-Shiva-Maaruty'aadi-ruupaaya Namah.
Om, to Him whose forms Krishna and Rama, Hanuman the son of wind and so on are, prostration !
4. Om Sheshashaayine Namah.
Om, to Vishnu (in his aforementionned form) laying on Shesha (Divine Serpent), prostration !
5. Om Godaavarii-tata-shiiladhii-vaasiine Namah.
Om, to who has His abode near the shores of(the Holy river) Godavari, prostration!
6. Om Bhakta-hridaalayaaya Namah.
Om, to Him whose seat (His) devotees' hearts are, prostration!
7. Om Sarva-hrinnilayaaya Namah.
Om, to Him whose abode the hearts of all (beings) are, prostration!
8. Om Bhuutaavaasaaya Namah.
Om, to Him in whom the beings dwell, prostration!
9. Om Bhuuta bhavishyad-bhaava-varjitaaya Namah.
Om, to Him who is bereft of past, future and present, prostration!
10. Om Kaalaatiitaaya Namah.
Om, to Him who transcends time (and death) prostration !
11. Om Kaalaaya Namah.
Om, to (Krishna in his cosmic aspect shown to Arjuna in the Bhagavadgita) who is Time, prostration !
12. Om Kaalakaalaaya Namah.
Om, to (Shiva as Savior of His devotee Markandeya menaced by Yama) the Death of Time, prostration !
13. Om Kaala-darpa-damanaaya Namah.
Om, to (Shiva in His aforementionned form) the Subduer of the pride of Time, prostration !
14. Om Mrityunjayaaya Namah.
Om, to (Shiva in His aforementionned form) the Death-winner, prostration !
15. Om Amartyaaya Namah.
Om, to the Deathless One, prostration !
16. Om Martyaabhaya-pradaaya Namah.
Om, to Him who gives mortals immortality, prostration !
17. Om Jeevaadhaaraaya Namah.
Om, to Him who sustains the living (beings), prostration !
18. Om Sarvaadhaaraaya Namah.
Om, to Him sustains all, prostration !
19. Om Bhaktaavana-samarthaaya Namah.
Om, to Him who has the power to protect His devotees, prostration !
20. Om Bhaktaavana-pratijnaaya Namah.
Om, to Him who promises to grant favors to (His) devotees, prostration !
21. Om Anna-vastra-daaya Namah.
Om, to Him who grants food and clothing, prostration !
22. Om Arogya-kshema-daaya Namah.
Om, to Him who grants health and patience, prostration !
23. Om Dhana-maangalya-pradaaya Namah.
Om, to Him who freely gives wealth and fortune, prostration !
24. Om Riddhi-siddhi-daaya Namah.
Om, to Him who grants (yogic)powers and realization, prostration !
25. Om Putra-mitra-kalatra-bandhu-daaya Namah.
Om, to Him who grants sons, friends, wives and kin, prostration !
26. Om Yoga-kshema-vahaaya Namah.
Om, to Him who brings forth yogic accomplishment, prostration !
27. Om Aapad-baandhavaaya Namah.
Om, to Him who washes away misfortunes, prostration !
28. Om Maarga-bandhave Namah.
Om, to (Shiva as sung in a celebrated hymn by the mystic, philospher, and literate Appayya Dikshita) the Friend along the path, prostration !
29. Om Bhukti-mukti-swargaapavarga-daaya Namah.
Om, to Him who grants fruitions, liberation, heaven and abandonment of rebirth, prostration !
30. Om Priyaaya Namah.
Om, to the Beloved One, prostration !
31. Om Priiti-vardhanaaya Namah.
Om, to Him who increases love, prostration !
32. Om Antaryaamine Namah.
Om, to (the Absolute as Paramatman, the Supreme Self) the Inner Ruler, prostration !
33. Om Saccidaatmane Namah.
Om, to (Paramatman) who self Being and Consciousness are, prostration !
34. Om Nityaanandaaya Namah.
Om, to (Paramatman) who is Eternal Bliss, prostration !
35. Om Parama-sukha-daaya Namah.
Om, to Him who grants supreme ease, prostration !
36. Om Parameshvaraaya Namah.
Om, to (Paramatman) the Supreme Lord, prostration !
37. Om Parabrahmane Namah.
Om, to (Paramatman) the Supreme Brahman, prostration !
38. Om Paramaatmane Namah.
Om, to the Supreme Self, prostration !
39. Om Jnaana-svaruupine Namah.
Om, to (Paramatman) whose nature very nature gnosis is, prostration !
40. Om Jagatah pitre Namah.
Om, to (Brahma) the Father of the universe, prostration !
41. Om Bhaktaanaam maatri dhatri pitaamahaaya Namah.
Om, to (Brahma) who is a mother for (His) devotees, the Bearer (of universe) and the Great Sire, prostration !
42. Om Bhaktaabhaya-pradaaya Namah.
Om, to Him who freely gives to (His) devotees fearlessness, prostration !
43. Om Bhakta-paraadiinaaya Namah.
Om, to Him who cares for (His) devotees, prostration !
44. Om Bhaktaanugraha-kaataraaya Namah.
Om, to Him who is very gracious to (His) devotees, prostration !
45. Om Sharanaagata-vatsalaaya Namah.
Om, to Him who loves those who seek refuge (in Him), prostration !
46. Om Bhakti-shakti-pradaaya Namah.
Om, to Him who freely gives devotion and power, prostration !
47. Om Jnaana-vairaagya-daaya Namah.
Om, to Him who grants gnosis and detachment, prostration !
48. Om Prema-pradaaya Namah.
Om, to Him who freely gives love, prostration !
49. Om Samshaya-hridaya-daurbalya-paapakarma-vaasanaa-kshaya-karaaya Namah.
Om, to Him who causes obliteration of doubts, heart feebleness, sins, karman( of present and past lives) and the traces (thereof), prostration !
50. Om Hridaya-granthi-bhedakaaya Namah.
Om, to Him who cuts off the heart knot (Upanishadic metaphor for ultimate realization), prostration !
51. Om Karma-dhvamsine Namah.
Om, to the Destroyer of karman (of present and past lives), prostration !
52. Om Shuddha-sattvasthitaaya Namah.
Om, to Him who stays in pure minds, prostration !
53. Om Gunaatiita-gunaatmane Namah.
Om, to (paramatman) who transcents attributes and (yet) is the very self of attributes, prostration !
54. Om Ananta-kalyaana-gunaaya Namah.
Om, to (Vishnu as worshipped by the Pancaratra tradition) who is possessed of infinite auspicious attributes, prostration !
55. Om Amita-paraakramaaya Namah.
Om, to Him whose strength is unmeasureable, prostration !
56. Om Jayine Namah.
Om, to the Conqueror, prostration !
57. Om Durdharsha kshobhyaaya Namah.
Om, to the Unconquerable and Unshakable One, prostration !
58. Om Aparaajitaaya Namah.
Om, to the Invincible One, prostration !
59. Om Trilokeshu avighaatha-gataye Namah.
Om, to (Vishnu in His descent in the world as the Brahmin dwarf, Vamana) whose going in unimpeded in the three worlds (earth, intermediate space, and heaven), prostration !
60. Om Ashakya-rahitaaya Namah.
Om, to Him for whom nothing is impossible, prostration !
61. Om Sarva-shakti-muurtaye Namah.
Om, to Him who is All-Powerful, prostration !
62. Om Suruupa-sundaraaya Namah.
Om, to the Handsome and Beautiful One, prostration !
63. Om Sulocanaaya Namah.
Om, to Him with beautiful eyes, prostration !
64. Om Bahu ruupa vishva muurtaye Namah.
Om, to Him of many shapes, having all forms, prostration !
65. Om Aruupaavyaktaaya Namah.
Om, to (Paramatman) the Formless and Unmanifest One, prostration !
66. Om Acintyaaya Namah.
Om, to (Paramatman) the Unthinkabale One, prostration !
67. Om Suukshmaaya Namah.
Om, to (Paramatman) the Subtle One, prostration !
68. Om Sarvaantaryaamine Namah.
Om, to (Paramatman) who is everybody's Inner Ruler, prostration !
69. Om Manovaagatiitaaya Namah.
Om, to (Paramatman) who transcends mind and speech, prostration !
70. Om Prema-muurtaye Namah.
Om, to Him whose face Love (as the ultimate mystic experience) is, prostration !
71. Om Sulabha-durlabhaaya Namah.
Om, to Him easy to reach (yet) difficult to approach, prostration !
72. Om Asahaaya sahaayaaya Namah.
Om, the Helper of the Helpless, prostration !
73. Om Anaathanaatha-diina-bandhave Namah.
Om, to the Protector of those without protector, the Friend of the poor, prostration !
74. Om Sarva-bhaara-bhrite Namah.
Om, to Him who takes upon Himself everyone's burden, prostration !
75. Om Akarmaaneka-karma-sukarmine Namah.
Om, to Him who well accomplishes the unsavory tasks, prostration !
76 Om Punya-shravana-kiirtanaaya Namah.
Om, to Him the hearing of whose glorification is purifying, prostration !
77 Om Tiirthaaya Namah.
Om, to the (holy) Ford, prostration !
78 Om Vaasudevaaya Namah.
Om, to (Krishna) Vasudeva's Son, prostration !
79. Om Sataangataye Namah.
Om, to the Ultimate Resort of the good, prostration !
80. Om Satparaayanaaya Namah.
Om, to the Final End of the good, prostration !
81. Om Lokanaathaaya Namah.
Om, to the Lord of the worlds, prostration !
82 Om Paavanaanaghaaya Namah.
Om, to the Purifier Immaculate, prostration !
83. Om Amritaamshave Namah.
Om, to (the Moon identified with Holy Plant Soma) whose filaments give forth the juice of immortality, prostration !
84. Om Bhaaskara-prabhaaya Namah.
Om, to the Sun of shining halo, prostration !
85. Om Brahmacarya-tapascaryaadi-suvrataaya Namah.
Om, to Him whose vows are chastity, asceticism and so on, prostration !
86. Om Satya-dharma-paraayanaaya Namah.
Om, to Him who is the ultimate resort of truthfulness, prostration !
87. Om Siddheshvaraaya Namah.
Om, to Shiva of Yogic powers, prostration !
88 Om Siddha-sankalpaaya-Namah.
Om, to the Lord of the Realized Ones (the immortal yogin Dattatreya), prostration !
89. Om Yogeshvaraaya Namah.
Om, to (Shiva) the Lord of Yoga, prostration !
90. Om Bhagavate Namah.
Om, to the Possessor of Divine Glory, prostration !
91. Om Bhakta-vatsalaaya Namah.
Om, to Him who loves His devotees, prostration !
92. Om Satpurushaaya Namah.
Om, to the True Male (purusa), prostration !
93. Om Purushottamaaya Namah.
Om, to the Best among Men, prostration !
94. Om Satya-tattva-bodhakaaya Namah.
Om, to (the Guru) who awakens (His disciples) to the Principles of Reality, prostration !
95. Om Kaamaadi-shad-vairi-dhvamsine Namah.
Om, to the Destroyer of the Six Foes beginning with Desire (Desire, Anger, Greed, Hatred, Pride, and Envy), prostration !
96 Om Abhed-aanandaanubhava-pradaaya Namah.
Om, to Him who freely gives the actual experience of Undivided Bliss, prostration !
97. Om Sama-sarva-mata-sammataaya Namah.
Om, to (the Sai himself, here presented in a characteristic feature of His teaching) who approves all religious persuasions as equal, prostration !
98. Om Shrii dakshinaa-muurtaye Namah.
Om, to the Venerable (Shiva as the Teacher of Absolute Truth through silence) with His face to the South(the direction of Death, as identified with one of the Fires in the Vedic sacrifice), prostration !
99. Om Shrii venkatesha ramanaaya Namah.
Om, to Ramana, the Lord of Venkata Hill, prostration !
100. Om Adbhutaananta-caryaaya Namah.
Om, to Him of wonderful and blissful deeds, prostration !
101. Om Prapannaarti-haraaya Namah.
Om, to Him who takes away the pains of those who yield themselves (to Him), prostration !
102. Om Samsaara-sarva-duhkha-kshaya-karaaya Namah.
Om, to the Cause of the obliteration of every suffering of the Round of Rebirth, prostration !
103. Om Sarvavit-sarvato-mukhaaya Namah.
Om, to the Omniscient One, whose face is turned everywhere, prostration !
104. Om Sarvaantar-bahih-sthitaaya Namah.
Om, to Him who stays inside and outside all(beings), prostration !
105. Om Sarva-mangala-karaaya Namah.
Om, to the Cause of all auspiciousness, prostration !
106. Om Sarvaabhiista-pradaaya Namah.
Om, to Him who freely gives all things wished for, prostration !
107. Om Samarasa-sanmaarga-sthaapanaaya Namah.
Om, to Him who consolidates the Truth Path along which all experience (for the mystic) has the same taste, prostration !
108. Om Shrii samartha sadguru Saaii naathaaya Namah.
Om, to the Venerable Efficacious True Guru, the Lord Sai, prostration !
॥ अनंत कोटी ब्रम्हांड नायक राजाधिराज योगीराज परं ब्रम्हं श्री सच्चिदानंद सदगुरू श्री साईनाथ महाराज की जय ॥
Monday, December 8, 2008
O Sai sadguru the wish fulfilling tree of the bhakts, we pray, let us never forget and lose sight of Your feet. We have been troubled in this sansar – free us Baba. restrain us from the outgoing of our sense and introvert us and bring us face to face with Yourself. As long as there is not checked there is no prospect of self realization. No relation will be of use in the end. It is You who will give us salvation and bliss. Destroy completely our tendency for discussions and other evil matters. let our tongues get a passion for chanting your name. drive out our thoughts and forget us our bodies and do away with our egoism. make us ever remember Your name and forget all other names. Remove the restlessness of our minds and make us steady and clam. If You just clasp us the darkness of the night of ignorance will vanish. we shall live happily in Your light .that you made us drink the nectar of your Leelas and awakened us from slumber is due to Your grace and our store of merits of past births.
Saturday, December 6, 2008
What started as a blog on daily musings is turning out to be a blog dedicated solely to our Lord Sai. It is all baba’s grace and krupa that we are able to be a part of the Sai Conscience.
Baba only you and we know how lost were we without baba. You have always been there-and today you have made us realize your existence in our lives. It is all Your mercy and our store of merit of past births that we have come in Your fold Baba.
Baba now that you have taken us in your shelter, may we never lose sight of your form and feet. Baba do always be so kind and favour us baba.
You know baba –how can your devotees ever thank you-may this Shraddha and Saburi in your devotion increase with every passing moment baba.We dedicate at your feet our body , mind, speech and soul. May our debt on you always increase Sai…bless your daughters baba.
This “Myspace’ has become “Sai Space” baba.